Visual Automation Platforms Are Transforming On-Field FTTx Operations!
PUBLISHED ON 9/09/2023
Significant changes have recently taken place in the world of Fiber-To-The-x (FTTx) operations. On-field operations are now more important than ever with the rising demand for high-speed internet and communication services. However, traditional operations face several difficulties, including low efficiency, low accuracy, high operational costs, and safety risks. Due to these difficulties, there is now a greater need for modern solutions that can solve these problems and boost the intervention's overall effectiveness. One such approach that has the potential to completely transform on-field FTTx operations is visual automation.
What is visual automation?
Visual automation describes the use of technology, such as software and hardware, to automate procedures and tasks. This technology helps to significantly reduce human error to boost the effectiveness and accuracy of on-field operations. Image recognition, augmented reality, and artificial intelligence are the main components of a visual automation solution for on-field FTTx interventions.
By combining these elements into a single system, visual automation technology can be used to automate various tasks in FTTx operations. Telco infrastructure operators collect on-field photos, Eygles by Inveniam, processes big amounts of data and returns business intelligence information that enhances the quality of operations. For instance, image recognition can identify and track malfunctions resulting from on-field FTTx operations, and augmented reality to give field technicians on-the-spot instructions.
Benefits of visual automation for on-field FTTx operation
The use of visual automation in on-field FTTx operations has several advantages that can significantly boost the efficiency of these operations. Some of the key benefits include:
- Enhanced productivity and efficiency: Visual automation aids in streamlining and reducing the time needed to complete each task involved in on-field FTTx operations.
- Accuracy and output quality: Visual automation increases accuracy and job quality while removing the possibility of human error in on-field operations.
- Reduced operational costs: Visual automation contributes to a reduction in operational costs by automating tasks.
- Enhanced safety and risk management: Visual automation helps in reducing the risk of accidents and injuries in on-field interventions and ensures that field technicians follow the correct safety procedures.
- Data management and analysis: Visual automation makes it easier to gather and analyse data in real-time and make better-informed decisions for the overall on-field FTTx operations' performance.
Implementing visual automation in on-field FTTx operations
Inveniam’s AI solution helps you streamline your business processes and reduce costs by processing vast amounts of visual data from on-field FTTx operations. It involves several steps, including selecting a visual automation solution, integrating the solution into an existing process, and training field technicians to use the solution.
Inveniam company is adapting solutions to every specific customer case depending on:
- Quantity of uploaded pictures;
- Amount of data to process;
- API integration;
- Gap between GIS databases and on-field data;
- Actual customer systems and processes
By combining the knowledge of field operators with the detection capacity of the machine, our solution allows us to identify different types of failures in telecom infrastructures and therefore ensures quality control of the cabling operations.
An essential step in the implementation of visual automation is training field technicians. The visual automation solution should be demonstrated to them so they can learn how to use it and integrate it into their routine work procedures. This will guarantee that the field technicians can use the solution effectively.
Visual automation is expected to become even more integrated into on-field operations in industries such as utilities, data centres, along with telecom. The technology is expected to continue developing to better meet the needs of field technicians and the businesses that hire them.
This technology refines on-field services and brings several benefits, like increased efficiency and productivity, improved data management, and quality of work.
Do you have issues related to quality control in your telecom infrastructure?
Do you have questions about the deployment of artificial intelligence in your organization?